Thursday, December 21, 2023

One Pot Beef Stroganoff (162 of 150)

Y'all should know by now I like Stroganoff. I have a Kick Ass Recipe that is my go to. Occasionally I try different stroganoff recipes to see if I could improve on my recipe (so far I have not had to). 

This recipe came very close to me kicking my recipe to the curb. I did not do the "one pot" thing and adjusted the recipe accordingly. But, it was still amazing. Full of that comfortable stroganoff flavor. The wine adds a nice touch to the flavor. 

I also actually used egg noodles for this recipe. I usually make my stroganoff with rice (because it heats up better).

I put notes below on how I changed it up to not do the one pot thing. I cut the recipe in half first, then adjusted.

One Pot Beef Stroganoff
Recipe from Damn Delicious
Serves 4
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
  • 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine (JW: I did use about this amount of wine)
  • 4 cups beef stock (JW: I used about 3/4 cup beef stock. I had made a full cup of stock and had it on hand in case I had to thin it out. 
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Stir in garlic and thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.

Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.

Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.

Stir in beef stock, Worcestershire, Dijon and egg noodles; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 9-10 minutes.

Stir in sour cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.

Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.

No comments: