Monday, February 20, 2023

Inside Out Bacon Burger (30 of 150)

I love a good burger. I blame my mom for that. She loved a good burger too. And together we'd search and try burgers everywhere. We were both "traditionalist" in that just give us a good old fashion cheeseburger and sometimes add bacon. 

But trying to eat healthier means the bread part of the burger is "off limits" sorta. So tonight I tried a burger that was turned inside out. 

Basically a bacon burger without the bun. Simple recipe, delicious ingredients to add to burger. I actually pan fried these. In fact, in the middle of it the power went out for about a minute. Long enough for me to go out and start the grill. By the time I opened the back door to come back inside, the power came back on. 

I didn't change anything really in this recipe. I took a short cut with the bacon and used the zap in the microwave for 30 seconds type. I just didn't want to buy a lb of bacon for a couple of slices. 

In rereading the ingredients I completely missed the soy sauce in the burger. Oh well. Next time. I used a Mexican blend shredded cheese instead of cheddar (it's what I had on hand). And put a couple of dollops of sugar free BBQ sauce. 

All in all, I'd make this again. I didn't miss the bun and really enjoyed the onion, burger, BBQ combo (secretly I thought it needed fried onions on it - next time maybe). 
The photo from Ruled.me looks so much better!

Inside Out Bacon Burger
Recipe from Ruled.me

Serves 6
  • 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
  • 8 Slices Chopped Bacon
  • 1/4 c Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 T Chopped Chives
  • 2 tsp Minced Garlic
  • 2 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 T Soy Sauce
  • 1 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire

In a cast iron skillet, cook all your chopped bacon until crisp. Once cooked, remove and place on paper towel. Drain grease separately and save.

In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, 2/3 chopped bacon, and the rest of the spices.

Mix meat and spices together well, then form into 9 patties.

Put 2 Tbsp. Bacon Fat into cast iron and place patties inside once fat is hot.

Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side (3-4 patties at a time), depending on the doneness you want.

Remove from pan, let rest for 3-5 minutes, and serve with cheese, extra bacon, and onion if you'd like.

No comments: