Monday, October 30, 2023

Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi (137 of 150)

Photo from Jo Cooks
Ever since my friend Paul made me make his favorite bulgogi recipe, I am now a little obsessed with finding another just as good. What I like about bulgogi is the sweet / spicy element to it. 

This recipe had plenty of the sweet and zero spicy. I added a tablespoon of sriracha and I'm glad I did. I won't make this again. It was good, but Paul's was better.


Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi
Recipe from Jo Cooks
Serves 4

Marinade
  • 3 T soy sauce (low sodium)
  • 2 T brown sugar (packed)
  • 1 T honey
  • 2 T mirin
  • 6 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 green onion (cut on the diagonal)
  • ½ kiwi (pureed with a fork, or Asian pear)
  • ½ tsp pepper (freshly ground)
  • 2 tsp sesame seeds (toasted)

Beef Bulgogi
  • 1½ pounds flank steak (thinly sliced)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
Make the marinade: Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.

Marinate the beef: Add the sliced beef to the marinade and using your clean hands, massage the beef with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Cook the beef: In a non-stick skillet add the sesame oil over high heat. Cook the meat in batches until slightly brown on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Repeat with remaining meat.

Serve: Serve hot over rice.

No comments: