Saturday, December 31, 2022

2023 Top 10 Favorites

Here we are at the end of 2022. And you know it's time for me to post my top 10 favorites. Last years favorites are here, in case you want a reminder. 

But first, stats. 

My goal was 150 new recipes this year. I blew past that and made 161 this year. Less than last year, but still an impressive amount of new recipes. That averages to 13 a month (in case you're wondering).


May threw off my average this year. I was traveling 3 of the 4 weeks in May so the low number makes sense. I'm not really sure what got into me in June to have 21 new recipes, but it helped my average. 


It's pretty clear with this chart that I started this new recipe goal in 2020. Covid helped with that. I suspect I cooked way more new recipes in the years prior to 2020, but wasn't very good about posting. 

Now, on to the top 10. 

There were some great recipes this year. I marked 23 recipes as favorites. But only 10 can win. These aren't listed in any particular "favorite" order, just alphabetical. 
  1. Al Pastor Kabobs
  2. Best Ever Beef Stew
  3. Carne Picada
  4. Chicken Tacos
  5. Chili Colorado
  6. Curried Cauliflower Gratin
  7. Jenn's Kick Ass Chicken Scaloppini
  8. Master Steak Marinade
  9. Spicy Korean Chicken
  10. Steak Diane
Phew! What a list! I can almost taste every single one of them again. If I had to pick a FAVORITE, it would be the Chili Colorado. 

I don't have a "goal" this next year like I have had. I figured I'll cook around 150 - 160 or so. I guess my goal is to keep cooking new recipes and keep trying new things. 

How about you? Has this inspired you to cook more?


1 comment:

TomP said...

You in general inspire me to cook more, but the thing that inspires me most is time: I cooked more starting with Covid, and then it went even further with retirement. I’m putting your Chile Colorado on my next-to-try list.