Sunday, September 12, 2021

Slow Cooker Tri-Tip Sandwiches

Ok, another recipe I'm not counting a "new". The new part of this is that it never crossed my mind to use a tritip to make sandwiches. I am converting this recipe a bit to make it a French dip instead of a BBQ type sandwich. 

I had a tritip in the freezer courtesy of Butch Box. It was a small roast so figured why not just use it and make French dip sandwiches and leftovers for lunch this week (sorry Pantry Goat).

I seasoned the tritip with salt and pepper and seared all sides of the roast before plopping it in the slow cooker. 5 hours on low seemed to do the trick. 

I made packet au jous on the side. In hindsight I could have used the liquid in the slow cooker as the au jous. 

Slow Cooker Tri-Tip Sandwiches
Recipe from Bakingmischief.com

Serves 4

  • Seasoning salt 
  • 1 trimmed tri-tip 
  • 1 c water, beef, or chicken broth
  • 5 french rolls sliced open
  • 5 T mayonnaise
  • Packet of Au jous (Optional)

Sprinkle seasoning salt over the entire tri-tip. 

Place tri-tip and water or broth in the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low 6 to 8. The meat is done when you can easily pull it apart with a fork. Use two forks to shred the meat in the slow cooker. JW note: I didn't shred it. I just made thin slices for a French dip sandwich.

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread mayonnaise over the inside of the rolls and top with the shredded tri-tip. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes until bread is toasted.


No comments: