Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Lime-Marinated Grilled Salmon (Recipe 130 of 125)

Photo from All Recipes
I like to have salmon every now and then and often over cook it. Today Alexa helped me by letting me ask her for a timer so I wouldn't forget the fish in the oven. I shall not discuss with you the Great Halibut Jerky incident. 

Ahem.

I'm a purest with salmon. I rarely do anything special with it. Just a little salt and some lemon pepper. Easy. I thought this recipe was a small step away from my typical salmon, so gave it a try. 

I'm not sure I got a lot of lime flavor out of it. Marinated it for an hour. Not sure I got a lot of the flavors out of it in fact. I am glad I tried it, but will go back to my old stand by.


Lime-Marinated Grilled Salmon
Recipe from All Recipes
Serves 4
  • ¼ c fresh lime juice
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
  • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ⅛ tsp black pepper
  • 4 salmon steaks

Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, mustard, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Remove the salmon from marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.

Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.

No comments: