Monday, September 20, 2021

One Pot Spicy Taco and Rice Skillet Dinner (Recipe 123 of 125)

Photo from SweetCDesigns
My least favorite recipe are the ones that sound like I should like them. And they're good recipes, but
they just don't do it for me. This is one of those recipes. It's a good recipe. Just not for me. 

I think I'll just continue to eat my tacos like normal tacos. And also, it's not spicy at all. It needed some more spice for me. 


One Pot Spicy Taco and Rice Skillet Dinner
Recipe from Sweet C Designs

Serves 4

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 bell peppers, diced
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
  • 1 c salsa
  • 1 c long grain white rice, NOT minute rice
  • 1 c water
  • 1 c beef stock
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 c shredded cheddar or jack cheese
  • green onions, to garnish

In a large pan, brown beef. When beef is lightly browned, add diced onions and peppers. Cook until beef is fully cooked, onions and peppers are soft.

Add can of tomatoes with green chili- no need to drain.

Add salsa, rice, water and stock. Stir well to combine.

Add in spices and mix, cover.

Let simmer on low until rice is soft and liquid has cooked off.

Top with cheese, stir in until it melts.

No comments: