Thursday, September 23, 2021

Easy Thai Chicken (Recipe 127 of 125)

 Photo from Damn Delicious

I don't know how to actual define "Thai" chicken. I have so many recipes that are titled "Thai chicken" and each have the same basic combination of flavors. 

This one was a bit different in that it had the sweet chili sauce. That stuff must have crack in it. It's so good and not spicy at all. 

I didn't put this back in the broiler when I was done with the first step. Mostly because I was too hungry and second mostly was because I'm too lazy. I sautéed the chicken breast (I'm not a dark meat person) and then tossed it with the sauce and let it simmer away for a bit. It was tasty!

As I mentioned, I have several "Thai" chicken recipes and while this one is good, I feel like I have some others that I'd prefer to make over. 

Easy Thai Chicken
Recipe from Damn Delicious

  • 2 T unsalted butter
  • 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
  • 1/4 c peanuts, chopped
  • 2 T chopped fresh cilantro leaves

FOR THE SAUCE:

  • 1/2 c sweet chili sauce
  • 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 T fish sauce
  • 1 T freshly grated ginger
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tsp Sriracha, or more, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

To make the sauce, whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, fish sauce, ginger, lime juice and Sriracha in a small bowl; set aside.

Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Stir in chili sauce mixture.

Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.

Serve immediately, garnished with peanuts and cilantro, if desired.

No comments: