Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Pumpkin Bread (Recipe 125 of 125)

Photo from Smitten Kitchen
That's it! I hit my goal of 125 new recipes this year. I have a whole 3 months to get even more. I'm going to shift my goal to 150. 

My dinner tonight was lacking so I'm not going to count it as a recipe at all. But THIS recipe I would count over and over. I love me some pumpkin bread. And honestly, almost all the recipes I've ever tried were about the same. Something just hit me right with this one. So it's #125!


Pumpkin Bread
Recipe from Smitten Kitchen
Serves 8

  • 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 c vegetable or another neutral cooking oil or melted butter
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 2/3 c granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp fine sea or table salt
  • 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • Heaped 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
  • Heaped 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • Two pinches of ground cloves
  • 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 6-cup loaf pan or coat it with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar until smooth. Sprinkle baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves over batter and whisk until well-combined. Add flour and stir with a spoon, just until mixed. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth the top. In a small dish, or empty measuring cup, stir sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top of batter.

Bake bread for 65 to 75 minutes until a tester poked into all parts of cake (both the top and center will want to hide pockets of uncooked batter) come out batter-free, turning the cake once during the baking time for even coloring.
Cake keeps at room temperature as long as you can hide it. I like to keep mine in the tin with a piece of foil or plastic just over the cut end and the top exposed to best keep the lid crisp as long as possible.

No comments: