Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Spanish Chicken Cutlets with Yogurt Sauce

Spain is one of my favorite countries. I love their food and flavors. When I saw this recipe I was immediately drawn to the word "Spanish" and so I knew I had to try it. 

I'm not really sure what to think about this recipe. The cutlets were delicious! The sauce to drizzle on top was not. Thankfully, I didn't drizzle it, but instead used it as a dipping sauce. I tasted the sauce before the cutlets were done and realized it just wasn't good to me. So I didn't really use the sauce. 

Dredging the chicken in the yogurt mixture then panko made the chicken so flavorful. I didn't fry them I put them in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 350F. Turned out fine. 

Photo from BigOven.com
Spanish Chicken Cutlets with Yogurt Sauce
Recipe from Cook's Country

  • 1 1/4 c plain yogurt
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 1/2 c panko bread crumbs
  • 4 6 oz chicken cutlets, 1/2 inch thick
  • 6 T olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 T minced fresh parsley

Combine yogurt, paprika, salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. 

Reserve 1/2 c yogurt mixture. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Pat cutlets dry and season with salt and pepper. One at a time, coat cutlets in remaining yogurt mixture and dredge in panko, pressing to adhere. 

Heat 2 T oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook cutlets until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to warm wrack in oven. 

Wipe out skillet. Heat remaining 2 T oil until shimmering. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk cooled garlic oil and parsley in reserve yogurt mixture until combined. 

Serve chicken with yogurt sauce.

Don't dredge chicken to keep it low carb.

No comments: