Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Garlic Butter Steak Bites

 Beef! It's what's for dinner. I've had in restaurants steak bites with garlic and butter and each time I figure I can recreate it for myself at home. 

I marinated the steak for 4 hours. I used tritip because that's what was available.

And if you know me, or have been reading here, you know I will grill meat whenever possible. I didn't like the idea of frying this in a pan and making a mess. So I cut them up in kabob sizes, skewered them and grilled them. 

Once they were done on the grill, I dropped them into a bowl with melted butter and swished it around. Feels like it was just as good. 

Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Recipe from Peaceloveandlowcarb.com

Serves 8

  • Photo from Peace, Love 
    and Low carb
    3 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 head of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1/3 c coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce [JW: I used low sodium soy sauce]
  • 2 T dried minced onion
  • 1 T chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
  • 1 T chopped fresh parsley, extra for garnish (or 1 teaspoon dried)
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
  • 1 tsp sea salt (this is the only brand I use)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 T olive oil 
  • 1 stick salted butter 

Add all ingredients (except olive oil and butter) to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Make sure that all pieces of the meat are evenly coated in the coconut aminos and spices. If time allows, refrigerate for 2 hours, up to 24 hours. This allows the flavors to really come together and soak into the meat.

Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak bites to the pan and sear on all sides. If you do not have a large enough pan, you may need to do this in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan (see tips in post).

Once the steak bites are nice and seared, and have formed a slight crust, add the butter to the pan. Toss the steak bites in the butter as it melts.

Garnish with reserved parsley before serving.

No comments: