Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Garlic Butter Salmon and Asparagus

I enjoy salmon, but I'm very picky about how its cooked. For example, I'm not a huge fan of smoked salmon. I prefer it to be grilled or baked. And I like my salmon well done. 

This recipe has all the elements I like with my salmon...lemon, garlic and butter. Super easy recipe, and super delicious. 

I had a problem baking it because the old tenants didn't clean the oven and it has some gunk on the bottom. At such a high temp that gunk burns. I had smoke everywhere. Took it out of the oven and finished it in hot skillet. 

I would also recommend not putting thin asparagus in at the same time as the salmon. It'll be overcooked. If you have finger size asparagus it will cook fine.

Garlic Butter Salmon and Asparagus
Recipe from Thatlowcarblife.com

  • 1.5 pounds salmon, cut into 4 fillets
  • 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
  • ½ c butter, melted
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 T minced parsley
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp cracked pepper
  • 4 slices lemon

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.

Lay the salmon fillets down the center of the baking sheet, leaving space between each fillet.

Arrange the asparagus around the top and bottom of the baking sheet.

Whisk together the melted butter, garlic, parsley, and onion powder. Drizzle over the salmon and asparagus.

Sprinkle the salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.

Lay 1 slice of lemon over each salmon fillet.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork and is opaque throughout.

Serve immediately.

No comments: