Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Best Pork Chop Marinade - #100... or is it?

So tonight I was to hit my 100th recipe for this year. The goal I arbitrarily set in January to push myself to cook more new recipes. I really didn't think I'd make it at all, but enter COVID and all bets were off. 

Because I was home it was easier to start dinner, or marinate earlier, etc. 

Last night, knowing this was to be recipe 100, I thought I should check my math. After several hours of reviewing the blog entries and comparing that to what's in my recipe index (aka a spreadsheet), I determined this is actual recipe #111. 

Yes that's right boys and girls I surpassed my goal a week or so ago. Which makes tonight's fanfare somewhat anticlimactic.

I only had this marinating for 2 hours tonight and, frankly, I think it was enough.

The Best Pork Chop Marinade
Recipe from SixSistersStuff

Serves 4

  • Beautiful photo from 
    SixSistersStuff
    1/2 c soy sauce
  • 1/4 c chili sauce
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • 1 bunch green onion (finely chopped)
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 6 boneless pork chops

In a gallon-sized resealable bag, add the soy sauce, chili sauce, honey, vegetable oil, green onions, and curry powder and mix until completely combined (I just use my hands and squish it all around in the bag until it's all mixed).

Add in the pork chops, then seal the bag. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but I highly recommend letting them marinade for 6-8 hours (or even overnight!).

Remove bag from fridge, place pork chops on grill over medium high heat and discard marinade. Grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the insides of the pork chops are no longer pink.

No comments: