Thursday, November 12, 2020

Pan-Fried Honey Garlic Chicken

Tonight I made TWO new recipes. I'm going to easily hit my goal of 100 new recipes. I can think COVID for that. If I wasn't working from home, I doubt I'd be cooking as much. It was just easier to drive through some place on my way home. Now I really don't have an excuse. 

This recipe wasn't great. BUT first let me say I didn't marinade it for 12 hours. That may infuse more flavor, but I doubt it. It just lacked flavor for me. There was enough garlic in it that I assumed it'd really be flavorful, but it really wasn't. Which is why I think maybe a longer marinade. 

Pan-Fried Honey Garlic Chicken

Beautiful photo from SpicethePlate.com
Recipe from Spicetheplate.com

  • 4 pieces of chicken breast with or without skin (about a pound)
For marinating the chicken:
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • ¼ c oil
  • ⅓ c honey
  • 1 T rice vinegar
  • a head garlic, minced

Rub the chicken with salt and black pepper on both sides, let it sit for about 15 minutes.

While waiting, whisk oil, honey, rice vinegar and garlic in a container.

Transfer the chicken into large ziploc bag and pour the honey garlic sauce over, marinate at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.

Heat oil in a pan until shimmering, carefully place the chicken in the pan.

Cook 6-7 minutes with lid on and flip to the other side and continue cooking 6-7 minutes until cooked through.

Place the chicken on a plate, drizzle some honey on top.

Top with green onion and black pepper to serve.

Combine with vegetable and rice for a simple meal.

No comments: