Monday, November 16, 2020

Citrus Spiced Grilled Chicken (99 of 100 new recipes for 2020)

Trying to make chicken tasty is my goal in life. I trying different marinades to add flavor. I especially like citrus marinades.

This recipe had one flaw for me...too much cumin. It overwhelmed the other flavors to me, which it does all the time. I debated on whether I should put it in or not and decided to add it. I wish I hadn't. 

Besides that, this is a great marinade. I had the chicken in the marinade for about an hour. I also cubed my chicken so I could put it on skewers. I do this all the time with chicken marinades...more marinade gets to more of the chicken that way. 

Citrus Spiced Grilled Chicken
Recipe from Cook's Country Aug / Sept 2011

Serves 4

Process onion, lime juice, garlic, oil, orange zest, ore

  • 1 onion, chopped course
  • 1 tsp grated lime zest, plus 1/4 cup juice (2 limes)
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 T grated orange zest (2 oranges)
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces, trimmed (breasts halved crosswise)

Process onion, lime juice, garlic, oil, orange zest, oregano, salt, lime zest, pepper, lime juice, cinnamon, cumin, and cloves in food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds; transfer to zipper-lock bag. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and add to bag, turning to coat. Refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.

Grill chicken. 

No comments: