Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Asian Chopped Chicken Salad

 I've tried many a Asian salads in my life. Some great, some meh and some I'll never eat again. This recipe was simple, flavorful, and filling. 

I marinated my chicken in a teriyaki sauce I had on hand. Not really necessary, but it was a nice added flavor. I also cooked my chicken earlier in the day and let it cool before putting it in the salad. Also not necessary. 

I had some left over peanuts from an Asian salad I made a couple of weeks ago so I tossed them in. It added a nice crunch. 

Asian Chopped Chicken Salad

Recipe from SixSistersStuff

Serves 6

  • 5 c romaine 
  • 4 c shredded cabbage
  • 2/3 c shredded carrots
  • 1 1/2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin oranges (drained)
  • 1/2 c cooked wonton strips
  • 4 green onions (diced)
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and diced)

Dressing

  • 1/2 c rice vinegar
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 2 T canola oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds

In a bowl, toss together kale, cabbage, carrots, mandarin oranges, wonton strips, green onions, and chicken.

In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, canola oil, salt, pepper and toasted sesame seeds until sugar has dissolved.

Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.

No comments: