Monday, November 9, 2020

Garlic Mushrooms

Yet another favorite that isn't on the blog. And before you ask, yes, I'm bored tonight and updating/coordinating my recipe list is something to do. 

According to my notes, this was made for a Sunday dinner in Dec 2018. It was a big hit. So much so that I handed out the recipe to two guests. I've made this a handful of times since then. When I made it originally I had forgotten to add the wine to them. I don't add wine to them now when I make them. 

Garlic Mushrooms

Photo from CafeDelites
Recipe from CafeDelites

Serves 4

  • 4 T unsalted butter
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/2 an onion chopped (optional)
  • 1 pound Cremini or button mushrooms
  • 2 T dry white wine* (optional)
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
  • 2 T chopped fresh parsley
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.

Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).

Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges.

Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce slightly.

Stir through thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley and garlic. Cook for a further 30 seconds, until fragrant.

Season generously with salt and pepper (to your taste).

Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve warm.

No comments: