Sunday, November 1, 2020

Hamburger Stroganoff

Sister in Law was over to scrapbook today and watch the Seahawks win. I decided to go ahead and do one of my new recipes for the year. Hamburger Stroganoff. 

I'm a stroganoff purist. I believe it should follow a certain recipe and that recipe is the one I made up for Jenn's Kick Ass Stroganoff. It's traditional. 

This recipe was good, but not great. I prefer mine and I prefer stroganoff with strips of meat instead of burger. 

Turns out I made this one before too. I was searching my blog for my Kick Ass recipe and I noticed this on was made in 2015.

Hamburger Stroganoff
Recipe from Myrecipes.com

  • 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 pound ground beef, extra lean
  • 1 c prechopped onion
  • 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
  • 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
  • 2 T all-purpose flour
  • 1 c  fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
  • 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 3/4 c reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 T dry sherry
  • 3 T chopped fresh parsley

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in salt and pepper.

Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.

No comments: