Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Perfect Pot Roast


Photo from Life In the
Loft House
Another pot roast recipe tried. It's not my favorite, but it was good. I'm going to keep my tried and true pot roast with onion soup mix. It's the best. 

This recipe was ok. I cooked it on high for 6 hours because I forgot to put it in earlier. 

I put the carrots in when there was about 3 hours left. Those turned out perfectly soft and so mushable...I loved it. 


Perfect Pot Roast
Recipe from Life in the Loft House
Serves 6
  • 2 to 3 pounds boneless rump roast
  • 2 cans (10 ounces, each) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 packet dried Lipton Onion soup mix
  • 1 beef bullion cube

Place all ingredients into a large, greased slow cooker (I use a 7 quart).

Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 9 to 10 hours, or on high heat for 6 to 8 hours.

Shred roast then serve with the gravy it creates. We like to serve ours over mashed potatoes or on top of toasted hoagie rolls. Enjoy!

No comments: