Thursday, August 29, 2024

Greek Chicken Souvlaki

Photo from Downshiftology
In my attempt at eating healthier, it means I eat a lot of chicken. And chicken for me can be BORING. So I'm always on the lookout for marinades that add flavor, but no significant calories. 

I often order Souvlaki in Greek restaurants. It's yummy. And this recipe was equally as yummy and easy. This is a solid recipe and a good marinade. 

What really made this recipe was the tzatziki! Where has that been all my life? I know I had it before, but not as a side like this. 


Greek Chicken Souvlaki
Recipe from Downshiftology.com
Serves 4
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
  • ⅓ cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 recipe tzatziki sauce

Add the chicken, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Stir together. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 30 minutes.

Heat the grill on medium-high heat. Then thread the marinated chicken pieces onto skewers (about 8 to 9 pieces per skewer makes 6 skewers).

Cook the skewers on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

Served the grilled chicken souvlaki with the tzatziki sauce.

No comments: