Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Cheesy Onion Chicken

Photo from Plain Chicken
I love French's Fried Onions. I especially like them on a burger. So when I read this recipe I thought it'd make a great coating for chicken. And you know what? I was right. 

I dredged these bad boys like it says. I cooked them on a rack instead of just flat on cookie sheet. I flipped them half way through too so it got crunchy all the way around. 

These were good. I'd make them again if I had French's Fried onions in the house.

Cheesy Onion Chicken
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4
  • 2 lb chicken tenders
  • 1 (2.8-oz) package French’s fried onions, crushed
  • ¾ c grated parmesan cheese
  • ¼ c panko bread crumbs
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 T mayonnaise
  • 2 T water
  • ¼ cup flour

Preheat oven to 400ยบ F. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil. Set aside.

Combine crushed fried onions, parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, and garlic powder in a shallow dish.

Whisk together eggs, mayonnaise and water. Pour into a separate shallow dish.

Place flour in another shallow dish.

Dip chicken tenders into flour. Shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture and then coat in fried onion mixture. Place on prepared pan. Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments: