Monday, March 4, 2024

Mama's Banana Bread

I started buying bananas to have a couple of times a week to help with leg cramps. Turns out all I'm using them for is making banana type bread. I gotta stop buying bananas and thinking I'm going to eat them. They really don't last long and before I know it, they're too brown for my taste. My dad would have loved them. He'd let his bananas almost be rotten before he'd eat them.

I normally use my sister-in-laws banana bread recipe (I'm actually surprised it's not on this blog), but figured why not try something new.

This is actually the second batch of banana bread. The first batch I had to toss because I completely forgot the sugar. And it was gross. Tasted like flour and bananas. 

This one is YUMMY. I would prefer butter in my bread instead of oil, but overall this was a good bread. I'd make it again. 

Mama's Banana Bread
Recipe from South Your Mouth
Serves 10

3-4 bananas (preferably overripe)
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c sugar
2 c all-purpose flour
1 T baking soda
1 c chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Peel and slice bananas then add to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on low, beat bananas until creamy and only small chunks remain. Add oil, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar then continue beating on low until well combined. Add flour and baking soda and continue beating on low until just combined.

Grease and flour a standard-size loaf pan. Pour batter into prepared pan then bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cool banana bread in pan for 20 minutes then turn out and serve. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.

No comments: