Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Grilled Nashville Hot Chicken

When we were in Nashville we didn't get a chance to try their hot chicken. I was sure it'd be too hot for me but that wasn't why. We just ran out of meals. We had so many places we wanted to try. 

When I saw this recipe I thought it might be a good one to try. In her blog she warns that this recipe is HOT and she is not kidding. I like spicey, but I don't want my mouth to be so on fire that I can't taste anything.

I did NOT use 3 Tablespoons of cayenne. No way. I knew that would be too hot. I used 2tsp maybe a little more and WHOA!!! This was just right. 

The recipe doesn't call for it, but I drizzled it with honey after it came off the grill. That really made the chicken to me. 


Grilled Nashville Hot Chicken
Recipe from Damn Delicious
Serves 4
  • 3 T cayenne pepper
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • ½ tsp chili powder
  • ½ tsp paprika
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ c vegetable oil
  • 2 lbs boneless chicken tenders

Whisk together cayenne pepper, brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and oil. Reserve 2 or 3 tablespoons if you want extra hot chicken.

Place chicken in a gallon ziplock bag and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.

Remove chicken from marinade and grill until done, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from grill and brush with reserved marinade, if desired.

No comments: