Friday, March 8, 2024

Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with White Balsamic-Herb Dressing

Photo from Chef de Home
We had book club this week. My potluck item was an appetizer but Sherrie wasn't going to make it so I picked up her salad potluck item. 

I like a salad with a lot of viddles in it. I need more than just lettuce and tomato. This particular salad has enough viddles and enough flavor to make it a keeper. 

What did I change: 
1. I used spinach for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not a fan of a spring mix. It feels like I'm eating weeds. And second, I had the spinach in the fridge. 

Side note: I buy my spinach in a box (or a bag) as do most of us. You still need to wash it. You know that right? I washed this spinach and I was floored at the dirt and a couple of bugs I found in it. It was an organic box, but that's a little too organic for me. 

Apple and Goat Cheese Salad with White Balsamic-Herb Dressing
Recipe from Chef de Home
Serves 2

White Balsamic Dressing
  • 2 T Balsamic Vinegar (white balsamic)
  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp Parsley (dried flakes)
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • Black Pepper (per taste)

Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
  • 1 Apple (green, granny smith, sliced to thin wedges)
  • 1/4 c Goat Cheese (chevre brand preferred, crumbled)
  • 1/4 c Cranberries (dried cranberries)
  • 3 c Spring Greens Mix
  • 1/4 c Almonds (sliced, dry toasted, instructions below)

Dressing - Add all dressing ingredients in a wide salad bowl except olive oil. Whisking continuously, add olive oil to make a thick emulsion. Set Aside.

Brown almonds in a small pan.

Arrange the salad and dress.

No comments: