Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad (139 of 150)

Photo from
Recipe Girl
Last night was book club - my assigned part of dinner was a salad. I knew Janet was going to make a quiche so I wanted a salad a little lighter. 

As I browsed my salad recipes I found a couple "harvest" types. Perfect for a fall book club. I choose this Autumn Apple and Spinach salad because it sounded a bit lighter than most of them. 

What I liked about this salad was all the textures; crunchy apples, soft, buttery blue cheese that added a nice tang, and the slimy texture of the spinach. Just kidding, it wasn't slimy. Just checking to see if you were paying attention. 

The dressing was super easy to make and so refreshing. Not very sweet and a little tangy itself. 

You won't regret it if you make this salad, I promise. 

Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad
Recipe from Recipe Girl

Serves 6

Dressing:
  • 2 T freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 2 T freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Salad:
  • 1/2 c thinly vertically sliced red onion
  • 8 c bagged pre-washed baby spinach (about 8 ounces)
  • 1 large firm, sweet-tart apple, cored & thinly sliced
  • 1/4 c crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.

In a large bowl, combine the onion, spinach and apple. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.

No comments: