Thursday, November 2, 2023

Tortellini with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (140 of 150)

I am not really sure what to say about this recipe. It has all the ingredients that sound good together, but this was pretty flavorless. 

I used jarred garlic, which could be part of the problem. It needed a lot more garlic. 

I won't make this again. I have a lot of recipes that I need to try, but I'm glad I tried this one. 

Tortellini with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Recipe from Yellow Bliss Road

Serves 4
  • 1-20 oz package Fresh Tortellini or 2- 9 oz
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • 2 T all-purpose flour
  • 1 c nonfat milk
  • 1 c heavy cream
  • 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook Tortellini in a pot of boiling, salted water, according to package directions.

Melt butter in a sauté pan and add garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds, add flour and cook for 2 minutes, until it starts to turn a golden color.

Whisk in milk and heavy cream and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken (about 3-4 minutes).

Remove pan from heat and gently stir in the freshly grated Parmesan, stirring constantly until completely melted. Add more milk or more cheese as need until you are happy with the consistency.

Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.

Toss Tortellini in the sauce and divide into bowls.

Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.

No comments: