Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (143 of 150)

Janet gave me some bananas that were on the verge of turning. I knew I wanted to make banana bread
of some sort. So I decided this was the recipe.

It's a weird recipe because there's no butter in it. They taste fine, but they aren't as rich as banana bread usually is. 

I won't make this again, but it'll keep my banana bread craving down for a bit. I should also mention, I made muffin tops instead of all muffins. They're the best part of the muffin anyhow. 


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe from Recipe Girl

Makes 12
  • 3 medium very-ripe bananas
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 c nonfat milk
  • 1/2 c granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 T mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat regular-sized muffin tin with cooking spray (or line with papers).

In a large bowl, mash bananas with fork. Whisk in egg, milk, and sugars.

In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: