Monday, July 17, 2023

One Skillet Green Chile Cheese Dip (97 of 150)

Last night was a dinner party with some British friends who were making us a traditional British Sunday Roast meal. So much food and it was so delicious. I'll write more about that on the other blog

My contribution was an appetizer. I rarely get to make appetizers so I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out the right thing to bring. I was going to stay "in theme" but then I found this appetizer and it just sounded so delicious. And, boys and girls, it was yummy-licious. 

I almost didn't bake it because it was toasty yesterday, but then decided it would probably be better baked. Honestly, it would have been better cold (IMHO because I'm not always a fan of baked cream cheese). At any rate, it was a hit and it was delicious. 

One Skillet Green Chile Cheese Dip
Recipe from The Salty Marshmallow

Serves 12 easily

Cheese Dip:
  • 1 8 ounce Package Cream Cheese Softened
  • 1 4 ounce Can Hatch Green Chiles
  • 1 c Monterrey Jack Cheese Shredded
  • ½ c Cheddar cheese shredded
  • 1 c Salsa Verde
  • 1 Clove garlic minced (can use garlic powder if preferred)
  • Tortilla chips for serving

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Blend all ingredients together in a large bowl with a hand mixer.

Pour mixture into a large oven-proof skillet or baking dish.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments: