Friday, July 14, 2023

Mom's Pasta, Grape and Olive Salad (96 of 150)

Photo from California Grape comission
This recipe filtered to the top when I was looking for a pasta dish to take to Sunday dinner last weekend. Mom made this a handful of times and I remember absolutely loving it. So I figured I'd give it a try. 

First problem, I couldn't find (anywhere) packaged dry blue cheese dressing. I now have several packets (thanks Amazon) but those arrived a little too late. So I subbed in ranch dressing. Not sure you get the same impact as you would with blue cheese, but it was still delicious. 

Everything else I kept the same. It's a delicious pasta salad and I highly recommend making it


Mom's Pasta, Grape and Olive Salad
Recipe from Mom

Serves 12 easily

  • 2 c pasta, uncooked
  • 1 can black olives, halved
  • 2 c red grapes, halved
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1 package Dry Blue Cheese Dressing
  • 1/2 bottle Cheesy-Garlic Italian Dressing (I used Bernstein's)
  • 1/2 c mayo
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Mix mayo, Cheesy-Garlic Italian dressing, blue cheese dressing mix, salt and pepper. 

Cook pasta. Drain, rinse, cool and dry. 

Add grapes, onions, pasta to a bowl. Add dressing and mix well. 

No comments: