Monday, July 3, 2023

No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies (92 of 150)

The Pantry Goat was over for dinner last week and she brought me this HUGE tub of Nutella. So, since I had so much Nutella I figured I'd make myself some cookies. 

Now, if you've been following along you know I'm trying to eat healthier and, well, cookies don't really fall into the healthy category - especially no bake cookies. So, to make this lower in carb, I swapped the 2 c sugar with 2 cups Swerve sugar.

I also didn't put spoonfuls on parchment paper. I put the whole kit and kaboodle in a lined 9x9 pan. Its quicker and easier.


No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies
All Recipes
Makes 24 cookies
  • 2 c white sugar
  • ½ c butter
  • ½ c milk
  • 4 T cocoa powder
  • ½ c chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 c quick-cooking oats

Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in a saucepan over medium heat until they are a smooth liquid. Bring to a rolling boil; continue to boil for at least 1 minute.

Remove from heat and stir in chocolate-hazelnut spread and vanilla extract until dissolved. Return the pot to the still-warm burner, or the lowest setting on gas stove, and add oats. Mix well.

Leave the pot on the warm burner while you drop cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let set and serve.

No comments: