Saturday, July 8, 2023

Korean Style Grilled Flank Steak (94 of 150)

It's another beautiful day in Seattle. Great day for grilling. And I'm on an mission to eat through my
freezer again. So this week's meals are all because I have that meat in my freezer. Sadly, it won't clean it out, but close. My goal is to eat all the stuff in the freezer by end of July WITHOUT buying new meat. Totally doable. 

I made one small mistake with this recipe. I misread that it was supposed to be chunk pineapple. I had pineapple juice already and wanted to use that up. I think it made almost no difference. 

I marinaded this for about 4 hours. It was a tasty marinade. Not too spicy and not too salty. 


Korean Style Grilled Flank Steak
Recipe from Closet Cooking
Serves 6
  • 1 c pineapple, coarsely chopped
  • 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced/grated
  • 1 inch ginger, minced/grated
  • 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • 1/4 c gochujang (optional)
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 1 T sesame oil
  • 2 pounds flank steak

Puree the pineapple, onion. garlic, ginger, green onion, soy sauce, gochujang, brown sugar, sesame oil in a blender or food processor until smooth, and marinate the steak in the puree, in a fridge, for 2-8 hours.

Shake off the excess marinade and grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 3-5 minutes per side.

Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain and enjoy!


No comments: