Friday, July 28, 2023

Bang Bang Chicken Skewers (100 of 150)

Happy Friday! It's been a couple of days / weeks since I've actually made myself a new recipe. I had to take a little break you see. I just wasn't feeling it. 

Tonight though, I had chicken out and figured I'd do myself this recipe. Bang Bang sauce was all the rage a year or so ago. The first time I had Bang Bang Sauce was at  Bonefish Grill's and they have an appetizer called Bang Bang Shrimp and OH...MY...God...is it good. 

But what is Bang Bang sauce? It's a cream sauce that is a little sweet and a little spicy. It's usually made with mayo and sweet chili sauce - then you add as much spicy as you want. 

The key for this recipe is getting that sauce on the chicken the moment it comes out of the air fryer. You want the heat of the chicken "melt" the mayo and sweet chili sauce. 


Bang Bang Chicken Skewers
Found on Instagram
Serves 2
  • 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder

Bang Bang Sauce
  • 1/2 c mayo
  • 1/4 c sweet chili sauce
Cut your chicken into bit size pieces. 

Mix together the spices and spread on chicken. Add about 1 T olive oil to the chicken and mix together. 

Cook in your air fryer for 12 minutes at 400 (preheat the airfryer for about 4 minutes before you put the chicken in).  Cook until done. 

Brush on the bang bang sauce and enjoy.

No comments: