Saturday, July 8, 2023

Air Fryer Cauliflower (95 of 150)

I have a love hate relationship with cauliflower. As a flavor profile, it's fine with me. The texture is OK
if it doesn't get mushy. If it gets mushy, then all bets are off. 

I have gotten pretty good at air frying cauliflower and NOT making it mushy. I just know to cook it less than the recipe usually calls for. 

Tonight I made a rookie mistake and over cooked the cauliflower. I used smaller florets than I should have and that resulted in mushy cauliflower. I ate it, well most of it. 

I've made a bunch of recipes like this one. It's a solid recipe. Just don't overcook your cauliflower. 

Air Fryer Cauliflower
Recipe from Wholesome Yum
Serves 4

1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
3 T Olive oil
2 tsp Lemon juice
3/4 tsp Smoked paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper

Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.

Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F.

Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.

Add cauliflower to the air fryer basket in a single layer (cook in batches if needed – don’t crowd the basket). Cook cauliflower in the air fryer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your florets), shaking the basket halfway through, until browned on the edges.

No comments: