Friday, March 3, 2023

Bailey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle (Recipe 35 of 150)

Occasionally a recipe gets posted by a friend on FB and I think, "I must make that for book club." This is one of those recipes. The book club ladies love chocolate and I love feeding them chocolate. 

I made quite a few modifications to this recipe. Mostly because I'm a doof and didn't check my ingredient list enough and didn't have some of the items.

For starters, I didn't have Bailey's. I always have Bailey's and was sure I had some. But alas, no. So I figured I'd just use Kahlua. Which I also always have. But no, that was out too. Who am I? I ended up with used some random bottle of Cream de Cocao. Where I got that from is a mystery?

The second change I made is I swapped regular powdered sugar with low carb powdered Sugar (Swerve). I try to cut the carbs where I can. 

The final thing I changed is, we have a glute free book clubber and I couldn't find the GF Oreo's. I almost always find them when I need them so I was surprised when I couldn't. So instead I used some other GF chocolate wafer cookies. They worked well as a substitution. 

So with my changes, this dessert was quite delicious. 


Bailey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
Recipe from Spaceships and Laser Beams

Serves 4

Cheesecake
  • 16 ounces cream cheese softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • ¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream chilled
  • 2 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • Additional
  • 20 Oreo cookies
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and sea salt together until combined. Add ¼ cup of Baileys and continue beating until smooth and fluffy.

In a separate mixing bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until it doubles in volume and begins to thicken. Add in 2 tablespoons of Baileys, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Continue beating until the mixture has thickened and stiff peaks form.

Place the Oreo cookies into a gallon-size plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to form small crumbles.

Place the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag and the whipped cream mixture into a second piping bag.

Beginning with the cookie crumbs, layer the cookie crumbs, cheesecake mixture, and whipped cream mixture into four lowball glasses. Repeat with a second layer of cookie crumbs and cheesecake mixture.

Put an open star piping tip (e.g., Tip #1M) on the whipped cream piping bag and pipe a swirl on the top of each glass. Sprinkle with a few remaining cookie crumbles and serve.

No comments: