Monday, March 13, 2023

Orange Sriracha Grilled Chicken (Recipe 42 of 150)

I had a carb-fest this weekend. Sunday dinner always brings the carbs and last night was no different. That means today I had to get back on track. Chicken and a veggie always does the trick. 

Y'all know that I like marinades. And each new one often is like the last. This marinade, however, was such an odd combination of ingredients I had to try it. 

As I mixed the marinade I kept thinking, "This isn't going to be good." But I continued on and grilled up these little nuggets of goodness. 

This marinade was shockingly delicious. It was just a little spicy, but had good flavor without adding salt. 

I cut the recipe in half so each ingredient was 1/8 c. It made plenty of marinade for my one little chicken breast. 

I'm not adding this to my favorites list, but it might be a repeat for me as I continue to try to eat healthier.

Orange Sriracha Grilled Chicken
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4

¼ c BBQ sauce
¼ c Sriracha
¼ c honey
¼ c Dijon mustard
¼ c orange juice
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Whisk together BBQ sauce, Sriracha, honey, mustard and orange juice. Pour over chicken and refrigerate a few hours up to overnight.

Remove chicken from marinade and grill for approximately 15 minutes, until done.

I suggest pounding the chicken breast to an even thickness. We put the chicken in a ziplock bag and use a flat meat mallet to carefully pound out the hump. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and you don’t have juicy chicken and half-dry chicken.

You will want to marinate the chicken for at least an hour. We almost always let our chicken marinate overnight. I mix up the marinade before bed and let it hang out in the refrigerator until we are ready to grill.

I don’t have a grill. Can I cook the chicken in the oven or skillet? Yes! To cook the chicken breasts inside, pan-sear it for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.

No comments: