Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Chicken Lazone (Recipe 39 of 150)

Photo from Salt & Lavender
I'm not surprised this recipe came up in the random shuffle for what to cook this week. I have several recipes for this. In fact, I just searched it on my cooking blog and I've already made this 3 other times. (Oct 2021, Sept 2022, and Dec 2022)

The Dec 2022 was by far the most memorable. It made it to my favorites list I believe. This recipe was almost exactly like that one. It had dried basil and garlic in the ingredient list, where this one does not.  

This recipe was definitely yummy. I got heavy handed on the cayenne, but not so bad that I couldn't eat it. 

I didn't dredge my chicken in flour. I really didn't see a reason to add those extra carbs to this meal that was already heavy in carbs (I ate this over spaghetti). 

Chicken Lazone
Recipe from Salt and Lavender
Serves 4
  • 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Flour for dredging
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 c heavy/whipping cream
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 dash Italian seasoning
  • Fresh parsley chopped, to taste (optional)

Prep your chicken (cut it in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner cutlets). Sprinkle both sides of each piece of chicken with the garlic powder and salt & pepper. Coat each piece in flour.

Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side until it's nice and golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.

Stir in the cream and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan so they're incorporated into the sauce.

Add the remaining spices and whisk them in until you've got a smooth sauce.

Add the chicken back into the pan and cook it for 5 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season with more salt & pepper if necessary (I do find the sauce needs a little more salt). Serve with parsley sprinkled over top if desired.


No comments: