Friday, March 10, 2023

Marinated Steak Shish Kabobs (Recipe 41 of 150)

Another yummy steak marinade. I actually did more on my skewers than just meat. I added red onion and mushrooms. I love grilled mushrooms. 

This was a super easy marinade to throw together. Most people have these ingredients in their pantry. I swapped out the brown sugar for low carb brown sugar (Swerve). I swear it doesn't make any difference in the marinade, so why not?

I marinaded tri tip steak for 5 hours. I find with beef the longer the better. I put vegetable oil on the mushrooms and red onions along with some McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning. 

Delicious.

Marinated Steak Shish Kabobs
Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff
Serves 4
  • 1 c soy sauce
  • 1/2 c white vinegar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c diced onion
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Other ingredients:
  • 1-2 pounds sirloin or flank steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 8 oz mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces

Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl or container. Place pieces of steak in the marinade and pierce with a fork to allow juices to soak into the meat. 

Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least three hours (the longer the better!). Let skewers soak in water for up to 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning. 

After meat has marinated, slide alternating pieces of meat, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms onto skewers. 

Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill for 8-10 minutes, or until done.

No comments: