Friday, September 2, 2022

Steak Marinade (Recipe 113 of 150)

It's Friday night! And Friday night often means steak night. Mom and Dad would frequently do steaks on Friday, so I carry on that tradition as best I can. 

This was a good marinade. I marinaded it for only 2 hours and I think that was enough. I didn't have avocado oil so I just used vegetable oil. Other than that, I changed nothing. 

I will say 1/2 tsp of cayenne was a bit much. It was spicy but not so spicy I couldn't handle it. 

Steak Marinade
Recipe from Real House Moms

Serves 2
  • 2 T avocado oil
  • 2 cloves garlic crushed
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

Add all the ingredients to a small mason jar. Cover with the lid and give it a good shake to emulsify everything together.

Place the steaks into a gallon-size food storage bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and smush around the marinade until the steaks are coated.

Marinate for at least 12 hours (up to 24 hours) in the fridge.

Remove from the bag and shake off any excess marinade. Cook the steaks to your desired doneness, and then rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.

No comments: