Friday, September 23, 2022

Morton's Steakhouse Marinade (Recipe 124 of 150)

I've done it! I have found another favorite for this year. I don't know if it was the marinade, cut of steak, perfectly dressed salad, perfectly grilled steak or what, but this dinner to night was spot on! It was Righteous!!

I used a tritip cut for this marinade. As always I cut the steak into cubes and skewered them for the grill. This particular tritip steak had nice marbling and some good fat on some of the pieces. It soaked up the marinade really well. I marinated the steak for about 3 hours. 

This marinade ingredients are not all that different from so many other marinades I've made. I couldn't tell you why this one hit the spot and the others did not. Either way, I'm making this a favorite. 

I also think this would be good on chicken or pork. I might try it on both. 


Morton's Steakhouse Marinade
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Makes about a cup of marinade
  • 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 1 tsp dried whole thyme
  • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ c soy sauce
  • ¼ c Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • ⅓ c lime juice
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • steaks of your choice

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place meat in a gallon ziplock bag, add marinade, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

Remove from refrigerator one hour prior to grilling.


No comments: