Saturday, September 3, 2022

Ground Beef Noodle Stir Fry (Recipe 114 of 150)

My shopping list was missing a few things this week apparently. Two items on this recipe didn't make it home from the grocery store so I had to improvise. 

The first is broccoli. A key ingredient. I swear I had some but apparently I did not. So instead of broccoli I subbed in water chestnuts and bamboo sprouts. I know. I know. Not even close. 

The second I didn't buy is Udon noodles. Which is too bad because I love Udon noodles. So I subbed in spaghetti. 

This was a simple recipe and an ok flavor one. It's not something I'd repeat, but I'm glad I made it. It was tasty. 

Ground Beef Noodle Stir Fry
Recipe from Damn Delicious

Serves 6
  • 2 (7-ounce) refrigerated udon noodles, seasoning sauce packets discarded
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 12 ounces broccoli florets
  • 1 green onion, thinly sliced

FOR THE SAUCE:
  • 1/4 c reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 T rice wine vinegar
  • 2 T brown sugar, packed
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 T freshly grated ginger
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp Sriracha, optional

In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha, if using; set aside.

In a large pot of boiling water, cook udon noodles according to package instructions; drain well.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.

Stir in bell peppers and broccoli. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in udon noodles and soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.

Serve immediately, garnished with green onion, if desired.

No comments: