Friday, September 2, 2022

Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers (Recipe 112 of 150)

I had a recipe for Thai Chicken that I loved. It was my "go to" recipe for chicken marinade. I never actually marked it as my favorite, so I really don't know which one it is. 

Consequently, I'm forever trying Thai Chicken marinades to find it. This recipe is good. It's not THE recipe, but its close. I let it marinade for 5 hours and that really let the flavors meld together. 

Nothing special about this recipe and I changed nothing. 

Grilled Thai Chicken Skewers
Recipe from My Kitchen Escapades

Serves 4
  • 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
  • 1 heaping Tb of peanut butter
  • 1/4 c sweet Thai chili sauce
  • 1/4 c rice wine vinegar
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • 1/3 c lime juice
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 T honey or agave
  • 2 T sesame oil
  • 2 T fish sauce
  • 2 T sriracha
  • chopped cilantro and lime wedges for finished dish

Mix together all the ingredients and let the chicken marinade for 3-4 hours.

Preheat your grill to medium-high and put the chicken pieces on skewers. Place the skewers on the hot grill and grill for 5-7 minutes, flip and then cook for about another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with a generous squeeze of lime juice and fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top.

No comments: