Thursday, September 8, 2022

Marinated Ribeyes (Recipe 117 of 150)

Steak on a Thursday? Weird. I know. But we're doing Drag Queen Bingo tomorrow night so I figured, why not? 

First things first. NO ONE can current afford ribeyes. Good heavens they were expensive. I opted for a half of flank steak that was on sale. I don't think the cut of steak makes a big difference when it comes to marinades. Pick what you like. 

This was a decent marinade. I wish I would have salted the steak before I put it on the grill. It was missing that kind of seasoning. Still it was tasty and worth a try. 


Marinated Ribeyes
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4
  • ½ c BBQ sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Rays)
  • 2 T olive oil
  • ¼ c Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 T steak sauce (I used A1)
  • 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
  • 1 T red wine vinegar
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 4 (8-oz) beef ribeye steaks

Whisk together BBQ sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, steak seasoning, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce, and garlic.

Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.

Remove steaks from marinade. Grill until desired doneness.

We let the steaks marinate overnight. If you don’t have that long, just let them marinate as long as you can.

You can use this marinade on any cut of steak you prefer – ribeye, filet, sirloin, T-bone, NY Strip, porterhouse, or skirt steak.

You can cook the steaks on the stovetop or in the oven. I use a combination of both. I pan sear the steak in a skillet and finish it off in the oven. Here are the instructions: https://www.plainchicken.com/steakhouse-filets/

No comments: