Friday, April 22, 2022

Grilled or Baked Brazilian Steak Kabobs (Recipe 59 of 150)

You know there are some nights where my brain lives in an entirely different planet. Tonight was one of those nights. 

I only did half this recipe. See, I had the McCormick's Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade packet and I ONLY followed the instructions on the back of the packet. Why my brain didn't kick in and say, "Um, hello? There's more to this marinade" is beyond me? Stupid brain. 

The packet only meat was delicious. It would be even better if I had put the lime, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. I'm going to keep this recipe active - meaning I'm going to try it again. 

The other fun thing about tonight is I ran out of gas in my grill. Didn't even get the meat on it. Turned it on to heat it up and went to drop the kebabs on it only to find it still cold. Booo...And the back up tank of gas has been sitting in my garage for months now to be refilled. So, I'm officially, completely out of gas. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. 


Grilled or Baked Brazilian Steak Kabobs
Recipe from Carlsbad Cravings

Serves 8

KABOBS
1 1/2 lbs. top sirloin steak cut into 1 1/2” cubes
1 red bell pepper sliced into 1 1/2” chunks
1 green bell pepper sliced into 1 1/2” chunks
1 large onion sliced into 1 1/2” chunks
salt and pepper

MARINADE
1 pkg. McCormick Grill Mates® Brazilian Steakhouse Marinade
1/4 c olive oil
2 T low sodium soy sauce
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T lime juice

MARINATE

Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or large freezer bag (whatever dish you are going to use to marinate your beef). Remove ¼ cup (to use later for vegetables and basting).

Add beef to remaining marinade and turn to coat. Marinate 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.


When ready to cook, thread beef and veggies onto skewers.

Grease and preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill skewers until lightly charred all over, approximately 2-3 minutes per side, basting with remaining marinade halfway through cooking. You can check a beef cube for doneness if desired.

Let rest 5 minutes before serving. 

No comments: