Saturday, April 16, 2022

Dr. Pepper Grilled Chicken (Recipe 55 of 150)

Photo from Plain Chicken
I made this last week and am just getting around to posting it. 

Dr. Pepper is a weird ingredient to me. I've used it in pork before and in a pot roast. In both cases the "Dr. Pepper" flavor wasn't obvious. THIS recipe though, Dr. Pepper is the first thing to taste. It's subtle, but it's there. 

I swapped out the soy for tamari (Sherrie was over and she's GF). You can't really tell so not a big deal.

I marinated the chicken for 3 hours. Overall this was a good marinade. I doubt I'd make it again since I have so many others to try. But give it a try!

Dr. Pepper Grilled Chicken
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4

  • 2 c Dr. Pepper
  • ⅓ c soy sauce
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • ½ c brown sugar
  • 1 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1 T lime juice
  • 6 chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients but the chicken in a medium-sized bowl. Stir to incorporate well.

Place chicken in a large gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal tightly and store in the fridge for 4-24 hours.

Discard marinade and grill until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.

No comments: