Sunday, April 3, 2022

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops (Recipe of 46 of 150)

They look like cookies, but I swear
they are muffin tops.
Banana bread is one of my favorite breads. I don't make it too often because I will eat the entire loaf. And that is never good. I have a favorite banana bread recipe from my sister-in-law in St. Louis. She gave it to me a thousand years ago and the best bread pan every. She swore if I used that pan and her recipe I'd never over cook or under cook a banana bread recipe. She was not wrong. 

This recipe is good. It would be better without the chocolate chips, or maybe fewer of them. The chocolate chip ratio to banana bread is too high, IMHO. 

I bought a muffin top pan when I saw this recipe, or one like it, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. I really only like the top of muffins so this was perfect for me. I should have cooked them a little longer, but whatever, they're still good. 

I'd make this recipe again, but without the chocolate chips. 

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops
Recipe from Kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com

Makes 12 muffin tops

  • ½ c butter softened
  • ½ c granulated sugar
  • ½ c light brown sugar packed
  • 2 eggs
  • ⅓ c buttermilk room temperature
  • 1⅓ c mashed bananas very ripe
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ⅔ c mini chocolate chips either milk or semi-sweet

Preheat the oven to 350°

Spray your muffin top pans or cookie sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium-size mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and creamy.

Mix in the eggs, bananas, vanilla extract, and buttermilk until thoroughly combined.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir by hand until thoroughly combined.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Fill the muffin top cups ¾ full. (if using a cookie sheet, drop 1-2 tablespoonfuls of batter, depending on the size you want, to make each top.)

Bake on the center rack of the oven for approx. 15-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin top comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans for 10-minutes, then place pans on a cooling rack to cool completely.

No comments: