Saturday, March 5, 2022

Tomato Salad with Steak Sauce Vinaigrette (Recipe 27 of 150)

Photo from Rachael Ray
I've had this recipe for a minute or two. I always wanted to make it for an "occasion" and it never seemed to come to mind when any "occasion" came up. 

So when it filtered through my "random" selection last week, I decided to just do it.

This vinaigrette is fantastic. Tangy with a little bite, and so good with tomatoes. 

Roma tomatoes are hit and miss to me. This time of year especially. I wanted to use an heirloom tomato but couldn't find them. And the beef steak tomatoes looked sketchy. I opted for the heirloom cherry tomatoes for this. 

Here's a little weird Jenn knowledge: I am not a fan of tomatoes IN a lettuce salad. But am happy to eat a side of tomatoes. Weird, right? 

Make this! You won't regret it. 

Tomato Salad with Steak Sauce Vinaigrette
Recipe from Cuisine at Home 2014

  • 1/3 c purchased steak sauce (I used A1)
  • 3 T olive oil
  • 2 T red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp prepared horseradish
  • 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 large red onion, sliced
  • 5 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 1/4 c fresh parsley

Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grate with oil. 

Whisk together steak sauce, oil, vinegar, horseradish, and Dijon; season with salt and pepper. 

Brush onion slices with additional steak sauce and grill, covered, until slightly softened, 5 minutes. Chop. 

Place tomatoes and onions in a bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette, and garnish with parsley.

No comments: