Friday, March 18, 2022

Bistec Borracho (Recipe 38 of 150)

Estoy borracha!! No, not really. But I could be. 

I am addicted to this vlogger Simply Mama Cooks on YouTube. I've been watching and rewatching her videos. She cooks mostly authentic Mexican and I LOVE that she makes it so simple and not "chefy". Check her out, you won't regret it. 

Man, I went to the YouTube to get the link and that was an hour ago. I started watching her videos. 

Anyhow, this recipe was good. I didn't use thin sliced steak because I'm trying to eat out of my freezer. So I found a steak and sliced it thin vertically.

The beer I used was Modelo Especial. I felt like Julia Child. I took a drink or two, then used the rest in the marinade. 


Bistec Borracho
Recipe from Simply Mama Cooks
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs thin beef for milanesas or bistec
12 fl oz beer
juice of 2 to 3 medium limes
1 medium onion 
fresh cilantro
4 clove of garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
2 1/2 to 3 cups beef broth


Layer the meat, onion, juice of one lime, cilantro, onion power, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika in two layers. 

Pour the beer over it. Let it marinade for more than an hour. 

Fry in a pan to get crispy. Add beef broth one cup at a time to "stew" the meat to make it more tender. Let all the liquid evaporate. 

Dice and put into tortilla. 

No comments: