Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Cheeseburger Sliders (Low Carb) (Recipe 39 of 150)

Cheeseburgers are, I think, part of my DNA. My mom LOVED cheeseburgers and I do too. I'm sure
this is more nurture than nature. I'm sure she fed me cheeseburgers immediately when I was a baby. 

We all know cheeseburgers have carbs. The bun. I love the bun. But in an attempt to lower my carb intake (I'm not doing great at this) I decided to try this recipe. And you know what? I didn't miss the bun at all. 

I've had this two nights in a row. It's super easy to put together and super fulfilling. I still get the cheeseburger part of the cheeseburger without a bun. Oddly, for real cheeseburgers I don't eat pickles or lettuce on mine. I hate hot lettuce. Blech! This recipe I actually chopped up the lettuce in bite size pieces, pickles in bite size pieces and cherry tomatoes. I drizzled the dressing over the lettuce. Each bite I had was meat and veggie. Perfect bite. 


Cheeseburger Sliders (Low Carb)
Recipe from SkinnyTaste Air Fryer cookbook
Serves 4

Sliders Ingredients
1 lb 90% lean ground beef
1/4 c shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper

Special Sauce
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
2 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp dill pickle juice
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp sweet paprika

For Serving
4 large outter leaves iceberg lettuce, each halved lengthwise
8 1/4-inch-thicslices tomato (from 2 small tomatoes
2 slices red onion, from 1 small, rings separated
8 dill pickle chips

For the Sliders
In a large bowl, combine the beef, cheddar, mustard, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Gently form the meat into 8 equal patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Press your finger in the center of each patty to create a dimple (this will help maintain their flat shape when they cook).

For the special sauce
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickle juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika and mix until smooth.

Preheat the air fryer to 400 F.

Working in batches, arrange a single layer of sliders in the air fryer basket. Cook, flipping halfway, to your desired doneness, 8 minutes for medium.

To serve, place 2 lettuce halves on each plate and top each with a slice of tomato, a slider, onion, special sauce, and pickles. Serve immediately!

No comments: