Sunday, March 6, 2022

Shish Tawook (Recipe 29 of 150)

There's this little restaurant in Kirkland called Mediterranean Kitchen. Their Shisk Tawook is what dreams are made of. I love it. I hardly ever get to Kirkland these days, but I always have the craving for this meal. 

I found this recipe in a magazine and hoped it would stand up against that of Med Kitchen. It did not. BUT, it was still delicious. 

The tomato paste makes it a little sweet. I'd add salt and pepper this time. It wasn't in the recipe so for some reason I didn't season the chicken. 

Shish Tawook
Recipe from Clean Eating Magazine

Serves 4
  • 1/2 c Balkan yogurt or whole milk yogurt (do not use greek)
  • 2 T tomato paste
  • 1 T honey
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp each ground ginger and salt
  • 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 in cubes

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, toss to coat. Marinate in yogurt mixture in the fridge for up to 4 hours. 

Divide chicken among skewers. Grill on a medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once half way through. 

No comments: