Sunday, March 13, 2022

Hot Muffuletta Dip (Recipe 34 of 150)

Photo from Spicy Southern 
Kitchen
As I mentioned in my other post for today, tonight is Sunday dinner. But before we get to dessert we have to get through all the appetizers that are coming. The theme is Favorite: Appetizer, Dessert, Cocktail and wine. We are not going to starve. 

When in NOLA back in 2010 Muffuletta sandwiches were my favorite thing (next to beignets). I love a good salami and put that on a sandwich with an olive spread, you are speaking my language. 

So when I saw this recipe, I thought this might fill that muffuletta size hole in my heart. 

I will heat this up later tonight, but the "cold" version of this is fantastic. It could be served cold too if you'd prefer. 

I doubled the cream cheese for this recipe and really didn't measure the rest. I just tossed it in and waited until I thought it looked to my liking. 


Hot Muffuletta Dip
Recipe from Spicy Southern Kitchen

Serves 12
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp Cajun or creole seasoning
  • 1/2 c chopped green olives with pimentos
  • 1/2 c chopped roasted red peppers, blotted dry
  • 1/2 c chopped giardiniera
  • 1/2 c diced salami
  • 1/2 c diced mortadella
  • 1/2 c diced ham
  • 2 c shredded Italian cheese blend
  • 1 green onion, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch baking dish.

Place cream cheese, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer (or wooden spoon) to beat it until smooth.

Add next 7 ingredients and stir to mix.

Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle green onions on top.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing!!!! -Heather